High-performance, versatile blast cleaning system removes contamination, corrosion, mill scale, and coatings from most surfaces. Produces a uniform surface texture, and creates a surface profile to increase bonding for coatings.
- Full Flow Stainless Steel Teflon-Sealed Ball Valves With Brass Body
- Semi-Elliptical Head For Larger Storage Of Abrasive
- Urethane-Coated Pop-Up Valve With External Sleeve For Long Wear Life & Fast Pressurization
- Large Inspection Door For Easy Access To Inside
- Heavy-Gauge Construction Pressure Vessel Fabricated For Rugged Field Service
- Built To ASME Standards
- Conical 35 Degree Bottom Ensures Total Use Of Abrasive & Uninterrupted Abrasive Flow
- 45 Degree Abrasive Flow Into Air Stream
- Heavy Duty Piping Assembled Tightly Against Tank Avoids Unnecessary Protrusions
- Flexible Pusher Line Guarantees Air Flow Without Pressure Loss
- Mounted On Two Heavy-Duty Rubber Wheels For Easy Portability
Requirements for Operation
These items are required but not included with this equipment:
- Clean, dry, compressed air of sufficient volume to maintain desired pressure at the nozzle. Refer to Air Consumption Chart in Blast Off 2 booklet (publication stock no. 09294).
- Minimum of 50 psi needed to close the pop-up valve and pressurize the blast machine.
- OSHA-required remote control system that interrupts blasting if operator should lose control of the nozzle when blast machine is pressurized.
- NIOSH-approved, type CE, supplied-air respirator.
- Grade D breathing-air supply as defined by Compressed Gas Association Commodity Specification: G-7.1 (Refer to www.cganet.com).
- Abrasive blast media specifically marketed for abrasive blasting and appropriate for your application.
- Appropriate blast suit, work boots, hearing and eye protection.
Description of Operation
The operator controls blasting from a remote control handle at the nozzle. Pressing the handle starts blasting; releasing it stops blasting. The blast machine contains abrasive and meters it into the compressed air stream.
- Yard portable, industrial-quality blast machines manufactured to ASME code.
- 1-1/4-inch piping allows up to 50 percent more air flow when compared with 1-inch piping.
- Industrial-quality valves, piping and fittings designed to maximize air flow and minimize energy required to operate the system.
- FSV abrasive metering valve maintains smooth, consistent, adjustable media flow. Model 2443 Lo-Pot has a LPV abrasive metering valve.
The FSV, an original Clemco design, is the triedand-true work horse of the industry. It is among the most imitated Clemco components. It is standard on machines from 2-cubic feet to 20-cubic feet capacity
NOTE: The machines listed on this page have no remote controls. OSHA regulation 29CFR1910.244(b) requires the use of remote controls on all blast machines.
Capacity: The blast machine capacity is stated in the description in cubic feet because abrasives vary in their density (number of pounds per cubic foot). For example, slag weighs 100 pounds per cubic foot, while steel grit weighs 250 pounds per cubic foot.
Owner’s Manuals: OM 04124 for 0.5 and 1 cuft machines; OM 06160 for all other single-chamber machines.