High-performance, versatile blast cleaning system removes contamination, corrosion, mill scale, and coatings from most surfaces. Produces a uniform surface texture, and creates a surface profile to increase bonding for coatings.
- Full Flow Stainless Steel Teflon-Sealed Ball Valves With Brass Body
- Semi-Elliptical Head For Larger Storage Of Abrasive
- Urethane-Coated Pop-Up Valve With External Sleeve For Long Wear Life & Fast Pressurization
- Large Inspection Door For Easy Access To Inside
- Heavy-Gauge Construction Pressure Vessel Fabricated For Rugged Field Service
- Built To ASME Standards
- Conical 35 Degree Bottom Ensures Total Use Of Abrasive & Uninterrupted Abrasive Flow
- 45 Degree Abrasive Flow Into Air Stream
- Heavy Duty Piping Assembled Tightly Against Tank Avoids Unnecessary Protrusions
- Flexible Pusher Line Guarantees Air Flow Without Pressure Loss
- Mounted On Two Heavy-Duty Rubber Wheels For Easy Portability
Requirements for Operation
These items are required but not included with this equipment:
- Clean, dry, compressed air of sufficient volume to maintain desired pressure at the nozzle. Refer to Air Consumption Chart in Blast Off 2 booklet (publication stock no. 09294).
- Minimum of 50 psi needed to close the pop-up valve and pressurize the blast machine.
- OSHA-required remote control system that interrupts blasting if operator should lose control of the nozzle when blast machine is pressurized.
- NIOSH-approved, type CE, supplied-air respirator.
- Grade D breathing-air supply as defined by Compressed Gas Association Commodity Specification: G-7.1 (Refer to www.cganet.com).
- Abrasive blast media specifically marketed for abrasive blasting and appropriate for your application.
- Appropriate blast suit, work boots, hearing and eye protection.
Description of Operation
The operator controls blasting from a remote control handle at the nozzle. Pressing the handle starts blasting; releasing it stops blasting. The blast machine contains abrasive and meters it into the compressed air stream.
- Yard portable, industrial-quality blast machines manufactured to ASME code.
- 1-1/4-inch piping allows up to 50 percent more air flow when compared with 1-inch piping.
- Industrial-quality valves, piping and fittings designed to maximize air flow and minimize energy required to operate the system.
- FSV abrasive metering valve maintains smooth, consistent, adjustable media flow. Model 2443 Lo-Pot has a LPV abrasive metering valve.
The Auto Quantum is used for pressure-hold systems and pressurerelease systems with abrasive cut-off. Abrasive cut-off permits shutting off abrasive to blow down the surface with air. Available in both pneumatic and electric.
AQV - Auto Quantum grit valve with metering assembly and installation fittings includes 01718, 01791, 01818, 01993, and 02513
Approvals and Certifications
Clemco's quality management system is ISO 9001-2008 certified.
Blast machine pressure vessel built to American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) specifications for 150-psi working pressure. Vessel is hydrostatically tested and National Board-certified.
Remote control system complies with OSHA regulation 1910.244 (b).