Flame Resistant Parka meets both NFPA 70E and NFPA 2112 requirements
Whether working in the rugged oil and gas industry or spending your day working near electrical hazards, stay safe and comfortable in MCR Safety's FR Gear made with Max Comfort™ fabrics. The PK5B Extreme Climate Insulated FR Parka features a comfortable 88% cotton 12% nylon material with a modacrylic quilted lining and a wind/vapor barrier for warmth and protection. Reflective Stripes on arms, belt and back. Max Comfort™ material meets the NFPA 2112-2018 Standard for Flame Resistant Garments and NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace. All MCR Safety's FR Garments are UL Certified and have a lifetime FR guarantee.
- ASTM F1506 Electric Arc Protection Standard
- NFPA 70E-2012 Hazard / Risk Category HRC 3
- ATPV ASTM 1959 38 cal/cm², HRC 3
- CAN/CGSB155.22-97, OSHA 29 CFR 1910.269
- CAN/CSA Z96-09 CLASS 1 / LEVEL FR
- Outershell Fabric and Garment Components are UL Certified
- Max Comfort™ 9 oz. 88% Cotton/12% Nylon FR twill fabric
- 11.5 oz. modacrylic insulation / 3 oz. wind & vapor barrier
- Double needle top stitch construction on main seams
- Protective storm flap #10 – 2-way Nomex® FR brass break-away zipper
- Two double entry hand pockets w flap / snap closure
- Hook and loop closure at neck – wrap for procetion and warmth
- 2 patch pockets on chest with hidden snap closures
- FR Modacrylic knit cuffs inside sleeves – warmth and protection
- Adjustable drawcord in waist with FR heat resistant grippers
- Sewn with FR Aramid thread
- All metal in garment is protected to avoid exposure to skin
- 3M FR yellow-silver-yellow reflective tape on arms, belt and “X” back
- Interior patch pocket – chest
- Bi-swing back for ease of movement and comfort
- Pen pocket on sleeve
Oil and Gas Industry, Utilities, Electronic Assembly, Mining, Fracking
Hazard Risk Category
CAT Rating 3 (CAT3) - Minimum Arc Rating of 25.0 cal/cm2
NFPA 70E-2018 Certified.
Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace®.
NFPA 2112-2018 Certified
Standard on Flame-Resistant Clothing for Protection of Industrial Personnel Against Short-Duration Thermal Exposures from Fire.