Surface Preps Industrial Parts and Finishes 3D-Manufactured Parts
The Pulsar-3D Suction Blast Cabinet surface preps small workpieces and production parts, leaving them with a consistent finish over their entire surface. It also reduces build lines and removes excess powders from 3D-manufactured prototypes and production parts. It uses most common 60-to-180 mesh media, including glass bead and aluminum oxide, and it also can use S-70 to S-230 steel shot.
The Pulsar-3D’s height-adjustable cabinet and 100 CFM power module, which includes a cyclone reclaimer and a MERV-10-rated reverse-pulse dust collector, fit into tight office and industrial workspaces. The machine is easy to operate and maintain, is constructed from 14ga steel, and comes with numerous other performance-enhancing features. These design advantages and the cabinet’s versatility make it an ideal intermittent-use cabinet for aerospace, automotive, medical research and device manufacturing, additive manufacturing, art studios, machine shops, and many other industries.
You work hard. So should your equipment. The Pulsar-3D Suction Blast Cabinet works hard for you.
- Easy to operate and maintain.
- Compact, free-standing design.
- Safe for use in office and industrial environments.
- Uses most common 60-to-180 mesh media, including glass bead and aluminum oxide. Can also use S-70 to S-230 steel shot. *Not for use with silica sand and other nonrecyclable media.
- 14ga steel construction.
- High-output, 50-watt LED light for excellent visibility.
- Flip-up, top-access door with laminated-safety-glass view window.
- Safety interlock stops blasting if door is opened.
- Height adjustable legs enable operators to work comfortably and improve their line of sight through the view window.
- Pressure gauge and pressure regulator monitor and adjust blast pressure for different finishes.
- Moisture separator removes condensed water from air supply.
- Adjustable, industrial-quality metering valve.
- Clear media hose allows visibility of media flow.
100 CFM CYCLONE RECLAIMER
- Continuously extracts dust and debris while returning properly sized, usable media to the blast system.
- Enhances visibility inside the cabinet.
100 CFM REVERSE-PULSE DUST COLLECTOR
- MERV 10 rated dust collector that improves visibility inside the cabinet.
- Each pulse of the filter cartridge dislodges dust, which then falls into a sealed 3.5-gallon drum. If the drum is lined with a disposable bag, operators never need to handle the dust.
- The compact (8” diam x 16” H), vertical, topmounted cartridge can quickly be removed and replaced.
BNP® BLAST GUN
- Efficiently designed mixing chamber eliminates slugging and uneven media flow. Outperforms competitor blast guns.
- Foot-operated pedal.
- Fixed, interior mount is height and angle adjustable.
- Fixed mount enables operators to maneuver parts with both hands.
- Gun also can quickly be detached from the mount and then handheld for easier blasting of larger parts.
- Equipped with a 1/8” air jet and a 5/16” ceramic nozzle. (Air consumption is 21 CFM at 80 psi.)
- Can be fitted with a tungsten-carbide or boron-carbide nozzle for use with more aggressive media.
- Knurled nut at gun outlet allows operator to change nozzles without using tools.
The Pulsar-3D can be used in numerous workplaces, including:
• Additive manufacturing
• Machine shops
• Medical devices/surgical tools
• Computer technology
• Pottery and glass production
• Jewelry production
• Design teams
• Engineering firms
• IT research & production
• Medical research & development
• University research & development
• Art studios
1. Dust collector
2. Pulse reservoir
4. Metering valve
5. Waste drum
6. Door interlock valve and actuator
7. Pilot regulator (blast pressure)
8. Foot pedal
9. BNP® Blast Gun
|BNP Blast Gun||1/8” air jet and a 5/16” ceramic nozzle|
|Air Consumption||21 CFM at 80 psi|
|Electrical||115V, 1 PH, 60 Hz|
|abinet Work Grating||0 lb uniform load|
|Footprint of Complete Unit||40.25″ (W) x 47″ (D) x 67.5″ (H)|
|Work Chamber||24″ (W) x 18″ (D) x 19″ (H)|
|Viewing Area||16.5″ (W) x 8.5″ (H)|