Tyvek® garments are composed of flash spun high density polyethylene which creates a unique, nonwoven material available only from DuPont. Tyvek® provides an ideal balance of protection, durability and comfort of any limited use fabric technology.
Tyvek® fabric offers an inherent barrier against particles (down to 1.0 micron in size). Protection is built into the fabric itself; there are no films or laminates to abrade or wear away.
Tyvek® fabric's durability advantage over microporous film fabrics delivers consistently better barrier, even after wear and abrasion. Applications include: lead and asbestos abatement/remediation, general maintenance/operations, spray painting, general clean-up.
- Comfort fit design based on extensive wearer input to provide our most comfortable garment design
- Enables a greater range of movement while stretching and bending
- Provides a more tailored fit, offers reinforcement in high stress areas for fewer blowouts
- Utilizes a longer zipper for easier donning and doffing and an elastic waist to better position the garment
- Attached respirator-fit hood with elastic around face opening, designed to cover neck and chin and fit around respirator face mask
- Longer zipper extends to chin for complete coverage of neck area
- Elastic opening for tighter fit at wrist
- Attached Tyvek® FC boots have special coating to provide added skid-resistance
Additional Equipment Needed:
- Wear other appropriate PPE such as, but not limited to, respiratory, eye, head, hand, and foot protection based on the hazard assessment.
- General Maintenance/Operations
- Asbestos and lead abatement
- Mold remediation
- General cleanups
Warning: There are uses, environments and chemicals for which any garment will be unsuitable. It is the responsibility of the user to review available data and verify that the garment selected is appropriate for the intended use and meets all specified government and industry standards.