Water based Clear Peelable Paint Booth Coating
Peelable Translucent Water Based protects paint booth surfaces from hazardous overspray accumulations. It is a temporary coating that is removed during booth maintenance and a new coating can be applied. Peelable
- Peelable Translucent protects glass, lights, windows and white powder coated booths with see-through clarity
- Water based, nonflammable, nonhazardous, environmentally friendly, low VOC and easy cleanup
- Freeze/thaw stable and heat resistant
- Recommended for powder coated steel and stainless steel booths (refer to product limitations)
- Strong film peels easily. Recommended for masking applications
Heat tested for 300 cycles ranging from room temperature up to 180°F (82°C) for 30 minutes.
Minimum surface preparation includes:
- Remove surface contaminants including dirt, grease, oil, soap residue, wax and loose paint. The booth surface should be clean and smooth in order for the booth coating to peel properly.
- Remove paint overspray and buildup, if present, by scraping or wire brushing.
- Use Wall Prep Water Based to fill in the scratches and surface defects to provide a uniform base for the booth coating to peel from. Refer to the Booth Shield Wall Prep product data sheet (PDS) for additional information.
- Scrape glass surfaces with razor blades or clean them with soap and water, alcohol or lacquer thinner.
Apply when the air, product and surface temperatures are above 60°F (15°C) and at least 5°F (3°C) above the dew point. Do not reduce. Increase fluid pressure to improve atomization.
Peelable Translucent Water Based (when applied at 1.5 mils dft) dries in approximately 30 minutes at 77° F (25° C) and 50 percent relative humidity. Dry times will be extended by high humidity, cold temperatures and increased film thickness. Peelable Translucent is milky when wet, but dries clear. Turn on lights and booth exhaust to accelerate dry.
- Booth Shield Peelable Translucent is intended for use on white powder-coated steel booths and to protect lights and windows
- Surfaces other than clear glass should be pretested prior to application for peelability
- Thick overspray accumulation or “shell hardening” requires four times the recommeded thickness and Wall Prep Water Based for nominal release
- Frequent booth maintenance is recommended
- Cure times are increased by cold temperatures, increased film thickness and high humidity.
- Contact GFS Technical Services for additional information.
Clean equipment with warm, soapy water until clean. Spills can be cleaned up with rags and disposed of in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
Protect from freezing.
- Do not take internally
- Close container after each use
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- For industrial use only
- Consult Peelable Translucent Water Based safety data sheet (SDS) for addtional warnings and precautions