The GR50 offers both respiratory and dermal protection, designed specially to meet the challenges encountered in grinding, brazing and metalworking operations. The lightweight outer hood, made from Nomex®, protects the operator’s entire head, face, and neck from sparks and airborne particulates. The inner bib, made from flame-retardant cotton, is an added protective barrier. Continuous airflow is delivered through a unique neck cuff, maintaining positive pressure inside the hood to help keep contaminants out.
For workers who use compressed breathing air, the GR50 is complete with Nomex® respirator hood, breathing tube, and a choice of belt-mounted, quick-disconnect airline fittings. The GR50 can also be used with convenient and low-cost Bullard Free-Air® pumps. Bullard V10 and V20 air supply hoses, sold separately, are available with point-of-attachment fittings for breathing air compressor systems or ambient air pumps.
- Weighs only 12 oz. (340 g)
- When worn with a Bullard hard hat, the hood meets ANSI Z89.1 requirements for protective headwear
- Bullard climate control devices allow workers to cool incoming air, helping to boost productivity
- Flexible hood and window enhance worker mobility
- Inner window, made of 0.040 (1 mm) Polycarbonate, for higher heat resistance
- No Fit Testing