Fluid and Work Piece Preparation
- Strain fluids before spraying. This includes colors, reducers and hardeners.
- Use a slower drying reducer or thinner to compensate for the faster drying time caused by the warm air of the turbine. Do not over reduce.
- Spray performance varies with the viscosity of the material sprayed, HVLP sprayer, and length of hose.
- Most material manufacturers provide recommendations for their materials. Follow these recommendations.
- For proper adhesion, ensure surface of work piece is completely clean.
Fluid Set Selection
For best spray performance, select proper fluid set for fluid being sprayed. Reference the Fluid Set Selection Guide for the fluid set recommended for your application. Fluid set numbers are marked on fluid needles and nozzles.